Living in an intentional community offers great benefits, but also requires serious commitment and a willingness to meet specific expectations around work, governance, and participation. It isn’t necessarily for everyone. To help you figure out if VHC may be a good fit for you, we offer this checklist of actions you can take to get to know us, as well as areas or issues worth exploring more carefully.
Though currently full, when a home at VHC becomes available, purchasing priority will be given to current members and people on the Wait List. To ensure that prospective buyers are both informed and committed, here are the steps you need to complete to be put on the waitlist:
- Read the Information Packet.
- Write a Statement of Interest (with separate ones for every adult member of the prospective household), with these questions as a guide. Send the statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend at least one monthly Full Circle meeting.
- Take a tour of the community.
- Talk to one member of Outreach and at least five members of the community. After submitting your Statement of Interest we will send you information about members to contact.
- Indicate willingness to sign VHC Member Agreement.
To arrange a visit and get the process of joining the Wait List underway please contact email@example.com.